Head of the Department's Message
As the Head of Civil Engineering department, I take the privilege to welcome you all to the Civil Engineering Department. The aim of this department is to impart the students a sound knowledge of the theory of civil engineering subjects with exposure to practical knowledge through laboratories and field study. The program emphasizes interdisciplinary team work, communication skills, tools and skills for professional practice, and lifelong learning. We strive to ensure that our graduates understand professional ethics and the value of service to their profession and society through involvement in community, state, and national organizations.
The department of Civil Engineering at Saffrony has an excellent infrastructure and state-of-art labs. We encourage regular interaction among students, parents and staff, along with Training and Placement Cell which works full time for a bright future for the students. I am sure that the Civil Engineering program at S.P.B. Patel Engineering College (Saffrony) will go a long way in helping Civil Engineering aspirants realize their optimum potential.
Head of the Department
Why should one pursue Civil Engineering?
- According to a research report by Global Market Insights Inc., Civil Engineering Market Size is expected to be 11 lakh crore rupees by 2025. Who do you think will benefit the most? Civil Engineers!
- Civil Engineering is an evergreen branch in India and there will be maximum scope for Degree Engineers. As per the recent statistics, around 30% of India’s working population depends on construction.
- Construction is the 2nd largest economic activity in the country next to agriculture.
- The Government of India has a vision to build 100 Smart Cities. Who do you think will have maximum growth opportunity?
- The Government of India has plans to invest 1.5 lakh crore rupees in infrastructure in upcoming years. Who do you think will be paid highest salaries? Civil Engineers!
- Civil Engineers will also have more scope compared to other engineers in working abroad. Civil Engineers are getting good jobs in North America, Canada, Australia and Middle Eastern countries.
- Do you want to enter a company at a junior level and stay there for all your life? By completing Civil Engineering, you make yourself available for higher positions in a company.
- Do you want to start your career with only INR 5,000 – INR 10,000 job or do you want to start your career with reputed companies like Larsen & Toubro (L&T) Ltd., Gammon India, UltraTech?
- There are many top level private and public sector jobs that prefer Degree Engineers students over Diploma Engineers. After Civil Engineering, you can appear for Indian Engineering Services (IES) exam and be a Civil Engineer with the Central Government.
- You can even become Class I officer in the Government with Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering.
Think how much your inaction in the present may cost you your future.