Electronics & Communication Engineering
Head of the Department's Message
As the Head of Electronics and Communication Engineering department at S.P.B. Patel Engineering College (Saffrony), let me take a moment to introduce this wonderful branch of engineering.
Electronics and Communication (EC) engineering broadly deals with systems related to acquiring, communicating, manipulating and analyzing information. To put it in simple words EC covers wide area of applications from small sensor to huge satellites, simple calculators to super computers, microwave ovens to missiles, mobile phones to medical electronics, automation in industries to electronics in automobiles etc. EC has achieved fastest technology growth ever among all domains of engineering.
The Electronics and Communication Engineering Department was established in the year 2006 and has a current intake of 60 students in Bachelor’s program. The institute is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University.
Our faculty members are actively involved in research activities and have many research publications in international & national journals and international conferences to their credit.
Students are always encouraged to take part in various international and national project competitions like ROBOCON, Texas Instrument Contest, iCreate, Aerodesign Challenge and have won many awards.
I encourage all the EC aspirants to visit our campus to know more about this life changing program.
All the best!
Head of the Department
Why should one pursue Electronics & Communication Engineering?
- EC Engineers are acquired by top recruiters (both private and government) like DMRC, Siemens, Motorola, Intel, Texas Instruments, BEL, ISRO, DRDO, Accenture, Wipro, HCL Technologies, NVidia, Samsung, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, TCS, Conexant, MTNL, AIR, BSNL, Indian Air force, Indian Navy, Railways, Bharat Electronics Ltd and Flextronics and Philips Electronics.
- Foreign Direct Investment in Electronics sector in India is increasing exponentially. Currently, the total investment in this sector in 2016 stands at a whopping 1.2 lakh crore rupees! These MNCs are looking for quality EC Engineers.
- Government funded organizations like CSIR, CPRI, IGCAR, DRDO, ISRO offer great opportunity to EC Engineers for research.
- Because of the Government’s push for ‘Make in India’ and ‘Digital India’, a lot of big companies are expanding their electronic production facilities in India.
- Because of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s push for using LED lights, the EC Engineers benefitted the most. Currently, companies are looking for quality EC Engineers.
- Since the advent of 4G technology, which will quickly be followed by 5G and 6G, EC Engineers will have plenty of high paying job opportunities.
- The beauty of this field is that it is relevant for both Manufacturing and Services industry.
- According to a government report, India’s manufacturing industry has the potential to reach 65 lakh crore rupees by 2025. And who gets the maximum job benefits? EC Engineers!
- Do you want to enter a company at a junior level and stay there for all your life? By completing EC Engineering, you make yourself available for higher positions in a company.
- Do you want to start your career with only INR 5,000 – INR 10,000 job or do you want to start your career with reputed companies like IBM, Apple, Samsung, etc.?
- You can become Class I officer in the Government with EC Engineering.
Think how much your inaction in the present may cost you your future