Masters - Computer Engineering
Head of the Department's Message
I would like to extend a warm welcome to you as the Head of Computer Engineering & Information Technology Department at S.P.B Patel Engineering College. The department is running an Undergraduate program in Computer Engineering & Information Technology with an intake of 60 each in both the departments. Ours is one of the most vibrant departments in the institution in terms determined students, highly qualified and industrious faculties, state of the art infrastructure and well-equipped laboratories with all the modern computing facilities. We also have a dedicated laboratory for project works. All the laboratories are installed with the latest software and hardware platforms. The laboratories include Operating system, Networking Lab, Multimedia & Graphics lab, Java Technology Lab, Android Programming, Advanced Database System, Algorithm Design, Theory of Computation and many more.
Our vision is not only to craft brilliant individuals, but also to make them professionally competent and socially responsible with spiritual awareness. The department provides a quality education with scholastic pursuits to felicitate transformational learning and institutional excellence.
We also focus on holistic development of students by organizing extracurricular activities. We have vibrant department-level clubs such as Open Source Technology, Computer IT student association, Virtual Labs, Gujarat Innovation council and many more. Many of our students have been rewarded by Government of Gujarat and Gujarat Technological University for their outstanding projects. In fact, our students have been ranked among top teams in the country in various competitions like TCS Code Vita, Hackathon-2017.
In job placements, our department has done exceptionally well. We are proud to say that we have been consistently achieving more than 85% placement since past couple of years.
I welcome all the aspirants to visit our department at least once to know more about our achievements.
Head of the Department
Why should one pursue Computer Engineering?
- Software Engineering is concerned with research, design, development, and testing of operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, business, scientific, and general computing applications
- India’s IT and Software industry is worth 10 lakh crore and is already a leading provider of software services all across the globe.
- Some of the bellwether companies in India, such as TCS and Infosys hire more than 5 lakh engineers.
- With the ‘Digital India’ policy of the Government of India, the demand for software services is going to skyrocket over the next decade. It creates plenty of opportunities for Software Engineers to grow exponentially.
- With some of the new technologies such as Cloud Computing, Big Data and Internet of Things building steam, the market for these services is going to grow at an unprecedented pace generating millions of new jobs in Software Engineering over the next 2 decades.
- The Software Engineering program at S.P.B. Patel Engineering College has a strong professional base, with a focus on preparing graduates for careers in both private and public sectors.
- P.B. Patel Engineering College provides an excellent industry interface whereby corporates and tech-gurus from the length and breadth of India come and interact with students on a regular basis. The college also provides ample opportunities for internships, industrial visits and job placements.