Masters - Production Engineering
Head of the Department's Message
Our continuous efforts in the department is towards making an individual ‘employable’ by helping one unveil values & strengths like commitment, responsibility, integrity, self-confidence, teamwork, dealing with people, sincerity, leadership and so on in addition to technical excellence which would help one in their personal as well as professional lives both.
We have qualified, dedicated and hardworking professors who impart conceptual & practical knowledge to students through academic studies, various curricular & co-curricular hands-on projects in National & International competitions like SAEINDIA Baja, Robocon, Aerodesign Challenge, Mega ATV Championship and Hackathon which help our students become true engineers.
Mechanical Engineering is an evergreen branch which enhances safety, economic vitality, enjoyment & overall quality of life. It applies principles of engineering, physics & material science to produce machines from a small pin to jet engines. Mechanical Engineers design, develop, manufacture, and do the testing, research, maintenance, repair and a lot more in all the industries we see around us.
This is one of the best branches since almost everything we see around us involves the principles of Mechanical Engineering. It may very well be called the mother of all other engineering disciplines. Mechanical Engineers find best job placement opportunities across a lot of industries. With the government actively promoting 'Make in India' campaign, the job opportunities will be plenty for Mechanical Engineers.
What are you waiting for? Come, join us and be a part of the design, development & manufacturing revolution!
Head of the Department
Why should one pursue Production Engineering?
- The program curriculum involves a combination of manufacturing technology, engineering sciences and management principles.
- Owing to the government’s push for ‘Make in India’, there are plentiful opportunities for Production Engineers to succeed. The career graph of Production Engineers is set to follow an exponential trajectory in the years to come by, as India inches towards becoming the manufacturing powerhouse.
- Some of the most sought after job profiles for Production Engineers include Head of Operations, Plant Manager, and Chief Product Designer among many.
- With some experience, Production Engineers can even start their own firm and consult production companies on setting plant operations, designing production process and implementing SIX SIGMA and LEAN MANUFACTURING concepts.
- Some PSUs like Vizag Steel are keen on hiring Production Engineers to handle their manufacturing process. Other PSUs involved in manufacturing cement, glass, power, etc. also hire Production Engineers.
- Production Engineering program at S.P.B. Patel Engineering College has a strong professional base, with a focus on preparing graduates for careers in both private and public sectors.
- P.B. Patel Engineering College provides an excellent industry interface whereby corporates from the length and breadth of India come and interact with students on a regular basis. The college also provides ample opportunities for internships, industrial visits and job placements.