Prof. Chintan Shah started his career as an Assistant Professor at Saffrony Institute of Technology, Mehsana since August 2016. He teaches subjects such as Power Electronics-1, EMMI and CN. He is actively involved in preparation of Time-table, e-magazine and scheduling exams.
Masters of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, L. D. College of Engineering, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, 2016.
Thesis: Speed Control of Brushless DC Motor using Advance Controller (ARM Controller)
Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering, Kalol Institute of Technology and Research Centre, GTU, Gujarat, India, 2014.
Awards / Achievements
- Won Poster Presentation competition held at Engineer's day at KITRC in 2012.
- Won Robotics competition at CONTECH’11, a national symposium held at Nirma University in 2011.
- Runners Up in Battle Bot, a robotic competition held by Ahmedabad Robot Club in 2011
- Regenerative Braking in BLDC Motor Using Reversal of Current Method, published in book of National Conference on Advancement in Electrical & Power Electronics Engineering (AEPEE), L.E. College, Morbi, Gujarat June 2016.
- Speed Control Of Induction Motor Using DTC Based Control Strategies, published in book of National Conference on Advancement in Electrical & Power Electronics Engineering (AEPEE), L.E. College, Morbi, Gujarat June 2016. (Co-author)
Technical Software Skills
Math Tools: MATLAB
Key Projects of Students
- To increase efficiency of solar PV module using heat sink: An industrial project to increase the output efficiency of module.
- To generate wireless power transmission using resonance coupling phenomenon: In-house project carried out at KIT to transfer power wirelessly in radius of 5-7 cm.