Prof. Falgunkumar Natvarbhai Patel had worked as Apprentice Engineer in Ingersoll Rand India LTD and as Development Engineer at Dr DR Engineers Pvt Ltd. He had worked as Assistant Professor & GTU coordinator at Venus International College Of Technology and is currently working as Assistant Professor & GTU coordinator at Saffrony Institute of Technology. He is involved in SAEINDIA Aero-design challenge which is designing and developing Remote Controlled Aircraft.
His areas of interest are Fluid Mechanics, Fluid Power Engineering, Heat & Mass Transfer, Elements of Mechanical Engineering, Material Science and Metallurgy, Manufacturing Process.
Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA, 2009
Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Sankalchand Patel College of Engineering, Visnagar Gujarat, India, 2006
- Analysis And Optimization Of A Composite Leaf Spring For Minimum Weight, International Journal Of Engineering Science & Futuristic Technology, Volume-1/ Issue-6- June 2015 IJESFT2015V01I0648418 (Co-author)
- Effect Of Mould Rotation Speed On Hardness And Sliding Wear Resistance Of Hypereutectic Al-Si Alloy, Indian Journal of Applied Research, Volume – 5, Issue – 1, Jan Special Issue – 2015, ISSN - 2249-555X, 2015. (Co-author)
Technical Software Skills
MS Office, AutoCAD , Pro-e , Master cam
Professional Work Experience
- Assistant Professor - Mechanical Engineering Department, Saffrony Institute of Technology, S.P.B Patel Engineering College, Linch, Mehsana, June 2014 – Present.
- Assistant Professor - Mechanical Engineering Department, Venus International College of Engineering, Gandhinagar, Gujarat , June 2011 - June 2014.
- Development Engineer - Dr. Dr Engineers Ltd , Dec 2010 - June 2011
- Assistant Professor - Mechanical Engineering Department, Sardar Patel Institute of Technology, Mehsana, Gujarat, July 2010 - Dec 2010
- Apprentice Engineer – Ingersoll Rand India Ltd, Oct 2006 - July 2007
Workshops / STTPs / FDPs / Training Programs
Organized a two day Workshop on ‘RC Aircraft’ by AerotriX, Skyfi Education Labs Pvt Ltd, December 2016
Key Projects of Students
SAE India Aero Design Challenges -RC Aircraft